Do you have an Emergency Need for a Copy of your DD214?
As a result of the national pandemic emergency, many Federal and State research facilities are either closed or, if open, working under severe staffing restrictions, handling only emergency requests which relate to:
1. medical emergency (e.g. upcoming surgery);
2. a homeless veteran seeking shelter;
4. home loan application; and
5. employment opportunity.
while queueing all other requests for processing when personnel become available to do so.
If your request falls into one of these five (5) emergency categories, we will be your advocate to acquire your record, hopefully, Same Day, commonly within 2-3 days. and almost all emergency requests within ten (10) business days.
You must clearly state the nature of your urgency on your Request Form and/or you may be required to provide additional supporting documentation.
If you have a medical emergency, you need NOT be specific on the nature of your medical emergency (your medical and health is a private issue), but you must state that a medical emergency exists. You can get into detail if you like. Remember, you are making your statements under oath.
NOTE: If your need for your DD214 does not fall into one of the five categories above, you should order one of our other record retrieval services. Then, your case will be assigned to a researcher, submitted to the records center and will be placed in the processing queue. Your request will be one of the first to be worked once the facility has the personnel to recommence normal operations - no one can get you your record faster. However, for standard service, given the current restrictions, we cannot predict precisely when that will occur.
STEP 1: Add “DD-214 Emergency Service” to Cart
STEP 2: Hit Check Out, fill out contact info, then go to “EZ-Form” link (available also HERE)
STEP 3: Complete EZ-Form, Sign, & Hit Submit
(No fax, scan, or mailing required!)
STEP 4: You’re Done! Receive Confirmation E-mail.
Questions? Or order by phone!
How can our researchers get you your record so fast? We encourage you to read our FAQ (Click HERE)
for any questions or concerns.
The simplest and easiest way to obtain your DD214 is to order it here, online 24/7. But if you still have any questions or concerns ... you can access our on-line chat by clicking the chat button at left. Or call us toll-free: 800-At DD214 (800-283-3214).|
Our call center hours are M-F 08:30am to 11:00pm hours Eastern time, but is closed federal holidays. Our back-office operations are working 24/7 to move your order forward. The earlier you place your order, the sooner we will retrieve your documents.
For General Information About the DD-214 & Military Records, visit DD214.US - The Information Site Dedicated to Helping Veterans.
How to Order
Records Facility Processing Times
First, take into consideration the typical internal Government facility delays.
- Click the Add to Cart button below, Checkout and then create your account.
- You'll be given several shipping options. Select your shipping method of choice, from overnight FedEx to 2-4 day Priority Mail.
- Finally, after you've paid and completed your order, there will be a download link to a form at your Order Page. The form provides us with your personal information, your military history, and most importantly your signature. Your records are protected by the Privacy Act and the law requires that we have your written authorization in order to allow us to access your records. Log Into your account and download the PDF form from there. OR, you can access the DD214 Request Form in either HTML (here) OR PDF (here) formats OR submit electronically (no fax required!) through our eSign Form (here). Follow the form's simple instructions: complete the form, sign it and send it back to us ASAP so that we’ll have the necessary information and your authorization to commence our search for your DD214. We cannot begin until we have a copy of your signed authorization in-hand. This form MUST be signed by you so that we can act as your agent and on your behalf in regard to our search.
Guaranteed, Bonded and Insured Service
In all cases, we GUARANTEE the fastest possible delivery. No one can get you your DD214 faster.
* Business Days. Same Day, Two and Three Day Express Service processing require our receipt of your signed authorization by 10 a.m. Eastern Time. Hard copy delivery, Fax and Online Download are all certified copies.
Delivery is FOB shipping point, delivery to shipper. Below are OUR process times, the time within which we will acquire your DD-214 and deliver it to the shipper. You should add to this any internal Government facility delays. Later in the order process you'll be able to select the shipping choice that best meets your needs.